[dsdp-tml-dev] Use of 'version' and 'milestone' fields in bugzilla

Guys,

I'm confused about our use of Version and Milestone fields in bugzilla.  It appears that we use the milestone field for all "what version will the bug be fixed in" uses.  I would prefer to be able to track the M3, M4, M5, ... RC values in the Milestone field, but I'm not able to do that with the current values.

My belief is that if I have a bug, such as 257287, which is to be fixed in Version 0.3 Milestone M5 that I should put something into both data fields, not just the milestone field.

When we finish with the 0.2 release and close out all the bugs there, could we change the way we use these fields and fix the records that are there?  I will put this on the agenda for the next bi-weekly call.

Thanks

--
Eric Cloninger
Sr. Product Manager, MOTODEV Studio