From: David McKnight [mailto:dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 11:28 PM
To: Oberhuber, Martin
Cc: Target Management developer discussions; Xuan Chen
Subject: Re: Renaming 3.0.x maintenance builds to "L-Builds" (legacy)

Hi,

I will be needing a 3.0.x build probably tomorrow after some changes are reviewed. So long as this and anything going forward can be in a build, I'm okay with calling them L-builds. Could you keep the last 2 m-builds around (perhaps rename them to l-builds)?

Thanks,
____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone: 905-413-3902 , T/L: 969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail: D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________

Inactive hide details for "Oberhuber, Martin" ---05/11/2009 05:16:01 PM---Hi,"Oberhuber, Martin" ---05/11/2009 05:16:01 PM---Hi,

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

David McKnight/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Xuan Chen/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

05/11/2009 05:16 PM

Renaming 3.0.x maintenance builds to "L-Builds" (legacy)

Hi,

Today I'm in the situation that I need to release a bugfix into the TM 3.1.2 branch.
Since current is 3.2, I will need a Maintenance build.
But the letter M is currently taken by the 3.0.x builds.

I updated the releng scripts to be slightly more flexible.
From now on, the 3.0.x builds will be referred to as "L-builds" (Legacy).
The daily automatic builder will start building L-builds from today on.

I would like to start deleting the old 3.0.x builds labelled "M something"
since that is no longer accurate given that M builds should always refer
to the previous releases' maintenance stream (in our case 3.1.x).

Please let me know if that policy is OK and when I can start
removing old M-builds.

Thanks
Martin

Back to the top