[dsdp-tm-dev] SSH/SFTP Remote launch pipe closed

Hello,

I am trying to use RSE/CDT Remote launch feature on an ARM board running
OpenSSH/SFTP (I tried version 4.2p1 and then upgraded to 5.2p1 with the
same result) under Linux. I am able to start an SSH terminal to the
board through the Terminal plugin and browse SFTP files through RSE
without any issue. I can also do a remote launch on another Linux PC
using the SSH/SFTP connection with no issues.

I am seeing some strange behavior that I am in the process of debugging
on both sides but I also wanted to see if anyone familiar with the
plugin code would be able to point me in the right direction.

After compiling the executable, I right click and open the Run As
dialog. Here I create a new connection to the board using the "SSH Only"
configuration. When I attempt to "Run" the executable, it is copied to
the board correctly (but never made executable like it should be). The
focus is redirected to the console view, where rather than seeing the
program execution, it is actually logged into a session on the board. If
I type commands here (including running the executable) they succeed.
For example:
----
echo $PWD'>'
/tmp/hello;exit
root@SOM9G20M:~#
ls
ls
hello
root@SOM9G20M:~#
root@SOM9G20M:~#
root@SOM9G20M:~# echo $PWD'>'
/root>
root@SOM9G20M:~#
exit
exit
----

I typed one 'ls' command into the console above and then 'exit' after
the ls finished.

The full debugging output on the SSH server shows nothing of interest
that I can see.

Eclipse does report an "Unexpected exception". This happens before I
close the console session by logging out. Here are the event details:
----
eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800
java.version=1.5.0_14
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.cpp.product
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.cpp.product

Error
Thu Oct 22 14:01:59 CDT 2009
Unexpected exception

java.io.IOException: Pipe closed
	at java.io.PipedInputStream.read(PipedInputStream.java:241)
	at java.io.PipedInputStream.read(PipedInputStream.java:305)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:411)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:453)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:183)
	at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:167)
	at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(BufferedReader.java:136)
	at java.io.BufferedReader.read(BufferedReader.java:157)
	at org.eclipse.rse.internal.services.shells.TerminalServiceShellOutputReader.internalReadLine(TerminalServiceShellOutputReader.java:60)
	at org.eclipse.rse.services.shells.AbstractHostShellOutputReader.handle(AbstractHostShellOutputReader.java:74)
	at org.eclipse.rse.services.shells.AbstractHostShellOutputReader.run(AbstractHostShellOutputReader.java:180)

----

Any ideas on where to start with this?

Thank you,

Travis