[dsdp-tm-dev] Deferred getChildren for SubSystem

I have a SubSystem that does not support filters, and that needs to communicate with the target in order to fetch its first-level children resources.

I noticed that when a SubSystem supports filters, expanding a filter is done with method internalResolveFilterString which is (or can be?) called from a Worker thread.

But in my case, the method getChildren is called from the main thread which blocks the UI until all children are fetched from the target. Is there a way to do this in a non-blocking way?

For lower-level resources it seems like you only need to override supportsDeferredQueries from ISystemViewElementAdapter to return true in order to achieve a non-blocking UI.

Thanks,
Patrick

Back to the top