[dsdp-tm-dev] SSH connection problem in Eclipse 3.4.1

I'm encountering a connection problem and I wonder if it is a known issue. I searched but didn't find a related problem in Bugzilla.

I have a fresh installation of Eclipse Classic 3.4.1 for Windows and a new, empty workspace. I install the RSE End-User Runtime 3.01v200809181500 and restart.

From the Remote Systems view, I launch the New Connection wizard and create a connection to a Linux node, selecting the ssh/shell option for every subsystem.

When I try to connect, after 60 seconds of "Connect (0%)" it fails. The .log shows:
com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: connection is closed by foreign host
    at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:235)
    at org.eclipse.rse.internal.connectorservice.ssh.SshConnectorService.internalConnect(SshConnectorService.java:187)

But then if I do Run Configurations..., create a new configuration under Eclipse Application and Run, in the new Eclipse instance I can create the same Linux connection and this time it connects flawlessly.

I tried the same steps with Eclipse 3.5M4 and didn't encounter any problem. It works without needing to launch a new Eclipse instance. Does it sound like something that has been fixed in Eclipse SDK recently? Both Eclipse installations seem to be using the exact same versions of the RSE plugins.

Thank you,
Patrick

Back to the top