[dsdp-tm-dev] IRemoteProcessSubSystem.getRemoteProcessObject() is slow

When I call
remoteProcessService.getRemoteProcessObject(shellPid);
the call lasts several seconds to complete.

I stepped into it with the debugger and it turns out that this call ends up
calling

LinuxShellProcessService.listAllProcesses()

which in turn runs "cat /proc/[0-9]*/status" on the remote system and parses
the output. I checked and the status for each process returns 34 lines that
need to be parsed by listAllProcesses and that's where I think all the time
is wasted, as it get's all (hundreds) of the processes on the remote machine
when it's only interested in getting the one with the PID given in
getRemoteProcessObject().

Are there plans to make this API more efficient/responsive?

Lothar
--
Lothar Werzinger Dipl.-Ing. Univ.
Director of Technology