Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] How do I get an IRemoteProcessSubSystem?

Hi Lothar,

One thing you may want to experiment with is changing the plugin.xml file for org.eclipse.rse.subsystems.processes.shell.linux to have the following in the extension: org.eclipse.rse.systemtype.ssh

For example:

<extension
point="org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystemConfigurations">
<configuration
systemTypeIds="org.eclipse.rse.systemtype.linux;org.eclipse.rse.systemtype.ssh"
name="%ShellProcessSubsystemName"
description="%ShellProcessSubsystemDescription"
iconlive="icons/full/obj16/processsubsystemlive_obj.gif"
icon="icons/full/obj16/processsubsystem_obj.gif"
category="processes"
class="org.eclipse.rse.subsystems.processes.shell.linux.ShellProcessSubSystemConfiguration"
vendor="%providerName"
priority="200"
id="processes.shell.linux"/>
</extension>

When you create an SSH Only connection with this change, the process subsystem should be available.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone: 905-413-3902 , T/L: 969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail: D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________

Inactive hide details for Lothar Werzinger <lothar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Lothar Werzinger <lothar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

          Lothar Werzinger <lothar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          10/02/2009 07:25 PM

          Please respond to
          Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

On Tuesday 10 February 2009, Lothar Werzinger wrote:
> I create SSH connections (in my private profile if that matters) and when I
> do that loop you mentioned I only get file, shell and terminal sub systems.
> Is there a trick to enable the process subsystem?
>
> Lothar

I did a bit of checking (by playing with RSE create connection dialog) and
found this:

* Looks like the SSH connection does not support the process subsystem.
* There is a Linux connection that supports the process subsystem, but by
default it wants to use dstore and not SSH for shell/files.

I need to create the connection programmatically and it needs to use ssh for
shell and files.

this is (conceptually) what I use today:

systemType =
RSECorePlugin.getTheCoreRegistry().getSystemTypeById(IRSESystemType.SYSTEMTYPE_SSH_ONLY_ID);

host = systemRegistry.createHost(
       TRADESCAPE_PROFILE_NAME,
       systemType,
       connectionName,
       hostName,
       description
     );

If I try to use

systemType =
RSECorePlugin.getTheCoreRegistry().getSystemTypeById(IRSESystemType.SYSTEMTYPE_LINUX_ID);

it does not use SSH for files/shell (looks like Linux defaults to dstore for
that). Is there a way to programmatically create a host that is of type
Linux, but uses ssh for file/shell?

Could the SSH type not also support processes if it finds that the connection
is to a Linux machine? That would make things easier.

Thanks in advance!

Lothar
--
Lothar Werzinger Dipl.-Ing. Univ.