Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] How do I get an IRemoteProcessSubSystem?

On Tuesday 10 February 2009, Lothar Werzinger wrote:
> I create SSH connections (in my private profile if that matters) and when I
> do that loop you mentioned I only get file, shell and terminal sub systems.
> Is there a trick to enable the process subsystem?
>
> Lothar

I did a bit of checking (by playing with RSE create connection dialog) and
found this:

* Looks like the SSH connection does not support the process subsystem.
* There is a Linux connection that supports the process subsystem, but by
default it wants to use dstore and not SSH for shell/files.

I need to create the connection programmatically and it needs to use ssh for
shell and files.

this is (conceptually) what I use today:

systemType =
RSECorePlugin.getTheCoreRegistry().getSystemTypeById(IRSESystemType.SYSTEMTYPE_SSH_ONLY_ID);

host = systemRegistry.createHost(
        TRADESCAPE_PROFILE_NAME,
        systemType,
        connectionName,
        hostName,
        description
      );

If I try to use

systemType =
RSECorePlugin.getTheCoreRegistry().getSystemTypeById(IRSESystemType.SYSTEMTYPE_LINUX_ID);

it does not use SSH for files/shell (looks like Linux defaults to dstore for
that). Is there a way to programmatically create a host that is of type
Linux, but uses ssh for file/shell?

Could the SSH type not also support processes if it finds that the connection
is to a Linux machine? That would make things easier.

Thanks in advance!

Lothar
--
Lothar Werzinger Dipl.-Ing. Univ.