From: Dmitriy Kruglyak [mailto:dkruglyak@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 10:50 AM
To: Oberhuber, Martin
Subject: Eclipse RSE: Problem with SSH keys

Hi Martin,

I hope you could help me. I am trying to follow your directions here and having problems:

http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=306&group=eclipse.dsdp.tm

I have SSH login into my Amazon EC2 server working just fine with WinSCP. Now, I set up Eclipse/RSE, exported OpenSSH key from PuTTyGen,  loaded it through the Key Management tab, then used “Save Private Key” button to save it as “id_rsa” which is listed correctly in “General” tab. Just in case, I also made sure that the files (id_rsa and id_rsa.pub) exist and contain the key. I restarted Eclipse just in case.

However, when I try to make a connection (user “root”, no password entered), I always get “Auth fail” error. I tried to create various types of connections “SSH only”, “Linux” or “FTP only” but nothing works. This should not be a server problem as WinSCP works fine… I even tried to import my Amazon EC2 certificate into Remote Systems -> SSL menu dialog, but this did not help either.

What could be wrong? Where to look for problems? I am out of ideas on how to troubleshoot this…

Thanks!

Dmitriy

Back to the top