[dsdp-tm-dev] News on IP Log

TM Committers,

I have good news for you: The Automatic IP Log Generation [1]
is now finally working for our project as well. The generated log [2]
looks good enough, that we can finally end our triple bookkeeping!

I have updated the Committer Howto [3] to explain what this
means for us:
  • No more "contributed" keyword.
  • No more editing the "tm-log.csv" file.
  • Only add the iplog+ flag at the attachment holding the contribution.
    You do this exactly when the patch is committed. Strive for also
    marking the bug FIXED, and doing follow-up work on additional
    cloned bugs.
  • In very rare cases (incoming contribution not as patch but as comment on bugzilla), flag the whole bugzilla item with iplog+.
Please continue asking contributors to put our "Legal Message" [3]
on a bugzilla comment to clarify that they are contributing under
EPL (+ EDL for the TCF Agent) -  I have summarized all this in our
committer howto [3].

I hope that you'll enjoy this great simplification just as much as I do.
Please be careful and don't forget the iplog+ flag since this is now our
ONLY means of tracking IP.

[2] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=dsdp.tm
[3] http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/committer_howto.php#external_contrib

http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm