[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: FTP LIST -a command

Rick,

I'm not sure but it might be that using a dstore server would
help converting the EBCDIC on z/OS USS. Your other option might
be FTP download in Text mode, my understanding is that the
FTP server would also convert EBCDIC to ASCII on the fly.

I'm afraid that an Eclipse Encoding would not help here,
at least I'm not aware of ability to directly interpret
EBCDIC data by means of an Encoding.

But others might have more insight here than I do
(Dave?)

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Rick wrote:
Martin,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your append...

Thanks for the info, but I was able to get around the -a problem by using an SSH connection. I can get a list of files via the Sftp Files option. This is actually a better connection method for me, as I need a shell for enterning commmands, etc.

But now I have run into a new problem. My FTP host is a z/OS Unix System Services (USS) host. All the files are stored in EBCDIC. So, of course, when the file is downloaded to Eclipse, no translation is done to ASCII. I have verified that an ASCII file downloaded to Eclipse displays properly.

I guess I need a new "file encoding" option for EBCDIC...

Rick

Back to the top