Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] RC4 available for testing

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for describing this.  I've been able to reproduce this.  Could you please open a bugzilla item for this?

I noticed that if DStore is used (instead of SSH) that we don't hit this problem.  With FTP there's a different problem where it thinks the links are to folders.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________

Andrei Sobolev <andrei.sobolev@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/06/2008 01:19 PM

Please respond to
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] RC4 available for testing

Hi,

I've found how to reproduce this in small project.
And I found what problem are not in refresh itself, but in handling of symbolic links.

How to reproduce:
Lets have following folder structure:
1) Make two folders p1, p2
2) Create files t1,t2,t3 in p2 with any content
3) Make symbolic links from p2/* to p1. So we will have 3 files in p1. Each file symbolic link to file from p2.
4) Create file t4 in p1.
5) Create remote project for p1.
Try to open one of t1,..,t3 we see in editor what file is not in sync. Also refresh for all project not solves this, but only refresh for each file.
Opening of t4 works fine.

It also not work with RSE 3.0RC2.
But it works in RSE 3.0M7.

Best regards,