RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] Getting rid of RSE SDK from Ganymede?

Speaking as someone who is currently extending RSE, I generally get things from CVS. Occasionally I grab the dstore runtime from the downloads page. I wouldn't go anywhere near the Ganymede update site for this stuff.

My $0.02 is that you don't need the SDK on the update site. But then again, I'm a power user.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

Inactive hide details for "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

          "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          06/06/2008 03:18 PM

          Please respond to
          Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] Getting rid of RSE SDK from Ganymede?

Correct, they would do what you say.
Or, get the RSE-SDK.zip from our download site.

IMHO, SDK Users are the integrators and extenders of RSE
(And not the users), and thus in most cases would use the
download rather than the update site.

But if they want to use the update site, yes, they get Platform,
then install RSE from the Ganymede site, then get RSE SDK
from the The TM Update Site (which gets auto-configured
as a known Repository once TM-Runtime is installed).

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm