[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: programmatic creation of dynamic filters in Remote System view

For such dynamic filters, you'll probably need to do two things:

  1.) Override SubSystemConfiguration#createDefaultFilterPool()
      to have your filter created. The filter will be defined
      as some filter String that's "special" and different than
      the normal file filters, e.g. ". ; /dynamic:Workspace"

  2.) Extend FileServiceSubSystem, overriding the
      internalResoveFilterString() method in a way that honors
      your new dynamic filter string and resolves it dynamically.

  3.) Your custom subclass of FileServiceSubSystemConfiguration
      needs to instantiate your custom subclass of
      FileSerivceSubSystem.

Dave's do you agree with this approach? Should we probably put
it into our Programming Guide somewhere? It could be a "Plugging
in Filters" chapter below the "Plugging into the RSE" section.

Tobias: you've been doing something similar before, do you agree?

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Vrush wrote:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for immidiate reply. I was really stuck on few problems
and needed some direction. I will check on those suggestions and try implementing and see how things will work out.

Between i want to implement filters in RSE's Remote System View like the way you have My Home and Root as default in Remote System View. I am looking for a programmatic way to implement some other filters like My Workspace where i shall fetch the absolute path for filter dynamically and implement the filter.

Please provide with some directions. I am stuck big time. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Vrushali.

Back to the top