[dsdp-tm-dev] Sub-hosts with the Remote System Explorer

Hi,

I've been looking in the Remote System Explorer feature, and we'd like to use it to be able to model the hardware setup that our customers are using.

Basically, the typical setup consist of a hardware board (the target) and a numbers of Data Collection Units (DCU) setup for the target. In the RSE, I understand that the target would need to be represented as a host, but since the DCU are different boards with their own IP and can be reconfigured for a different host, it seems that they don't fit the RSE model as being sub-systems of the host but rather hosts themselves, no?

Ideally, I would like to be able to specify the DCU as children of each target, while the user can re-parent them or move them at top level if necessary, is that possible with the current RSE design?

Thanks.

Serge Beauchamp
Software Engineer
Freescale Semiconductor