[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: Set daemon port programmatically

Hi Denise,

You can look at our Unit Tests how to programmatically create a connection:

  org.eclipse.rse.tests / RSEBaseConnectionTestCase.getLinuxHost()

does the DStore thing. That also shows you how to avoid the UI
prompt. For the Daemon Port specifically, see RSEConnectionManager
line 256ff:

IConnectorService cs = connection.getConnectorServices()[0];
IServerLauncherProperties p = cs.getRemoteServerLauncherProperties();
if (p instanceof IRemoteServerLauncher) {
    IRemoteServerLauncher launcher = (IRemoteServerLauncher) p;
    launcher.setDaemonPort(daemonPortNum);
}

Xuan or DaveM might know more, if you ask on the Mailing List.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Denise Schmidt wrote:
I am using RSE 2.0.3. I have written some plug in code to add a button to create a connection to a specific Unix machine. The code I have appears to take all the default values when creating the connection. What I'd like to know is how do I change the default port used to connect to the server daemon in my code? Here's what I have to create the connection:

ISystemRegistry registry = RSECorePlugin.getTheSystemRegistry();

ISystemProfile profile = registry.getSystemProfileManager().getDefaultPrivateSystemProfile();

String hostName = "eddea03.rck.atm.lmco.com";

IHost host = registry.getHost(profile, hostName);
if (host == null) {
   IRSESystemType sysType = RSECorePlugin.getTheCoreRegistry()
    .getSystemTypeById("org.eclipse.rse.systemtype.unix");
   host = registry.createHost(sysType,
    hostName,
    hostName,
    "Connection to Unix machine");
}

I've been searching the web and looking through RSE code but haven't found how to set the daemon port to something other than 4075. While I'm at it, my code doesn't actually connect all the way to the server as I don't get prompted for a user ID and password until I try to expand my home directory. I must be missing an additional call to complete the connection but I'm not sure what it is.

Thanks for any help.

Back to the top