[dsdp-tm-dev] RE: Terminal view integration--what's next?

PS the goal would be to have a functioning version
Integrated with RSE with Milestone 7 (May 6) --
That's the Feature Freeze Date. After that date,
We shouldn't change the functionality any more,
But only do bugfixes.

What I want to do, is migrate the SshShellService
>From implementing IShellService to implementing
ITerminalService; and then, add a generic
ITerminalHostShellServiceAdapter that can turn
Any ITerminalService into an IShellService,
For backward compatibility.

At that point, you'll then be able to have a single
ITerminalService for SSH, and present it to the UI
As Terminal Service only; but still have the
IShellService non-UI available for supporting the
CDT Remote Launch as well as the Linux Shell Processes
Subsystem.

Makes sense?

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top