[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: Want to become a committer?

Hi Martin,

It sounds great, it will be a great pleasure for me to be part of the team. I understand all
responsibilities for being a committer and I think I can take them.
In the short term I am planning to work mainly on the WinCE support, there are still a lot of things
which need to be done. I am also planning to implement a processes subsystem for WinCE which will be
something very useful in my opinion.
In the long term I can work on other parts of RSE as well and contribute patches besides supporting
the WinCE code.

Thank you for your invitation, I will be happy to join!
Rado

Oberhuber, Martin wrote:
> Hi Rado,
>
> I'm wondering whether you'd be interested in becoming a committer
> on the TM Project? - Your contributions had outstanding quality so
> far, and it would save me from applying your patches :-)
>
> Being a committer gives you privileges, especially write-access to
> the CVS Repository;
>
> But it also gives you responsibilities, by order of importance:
>
>     * Most importantly, since you can write to CVS, you need to keep the
>       Codebase clean. You need to understand Copyright Rules and avoid
>       committing any stuff that you copied & pasted from somewhere.
>       Also, you must not commit profanity in the source files.
>     * Second, as a committer you are entitled to voting (e.g. voting in
>       new committers; voting on a go/no-go for releases. Vote period is
>       one week as per our project charter; committers who don't read the
>       mailing list and don't wait within a few days hold off every vote,
>       this is not appreciated. Therefore, as a committer, we expect that
>       you regularly read the project mailing list and respond to voting
>       requests.
>     * Third, as a committer you represent the project so it's expected
>       that you answer questions from newcomers on the newsgroup or
>       mailing list.
>     * Fouth, being a committer is understood as a long-term priviledge /
>       obligation. It means that you are willing to maintain and evlove
>       some part of the code (typicaly yours :-) over time, and
>       eventually start reviewing / accepting contributions from others
>       via Bugzilla - which, again, requires that you understand the
>       Eclipse Copyright Due Diligence process. Commit Rights can be
>       revoked after an extended period of inactivity, though we'd prefer
>       to not do that and keep you being committer even in case you
>       switch companies: it's a personal priviledge for you and not any
>       employer.
>
> Sounds interesting to you? If yes, please let me know and I
> can propose you to the other commiters, who'd then vote about
> the proposal.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> *Martin Oberhuber*, Senior Member of Technical Staff, *Wind River*
> Target Management Project Lead, DSDP PMC Member
> http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top