[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Should we ask for delaying M6 until Fri Apr 11 (4 days)?


+1 from me as well.

Thanks,
Kevin Doyle



Xuan Chen/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/04/2008 09:41 AM

Please respond to
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Should we ask for delaying M6 until Fri        Apr        11        (4        days)?






I agree, too.  +1.


And for NL strings, yes, we don't care if it is a M6 build or not.   I just need to drop a build which no check pii errors.


Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 313-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx



David McKnight/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/04/2008 08:22 AM

Please respond to
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Should we ask for delaying M6 until Fri Apr        11        (4        days)?








I agree it.  It's too tight a period to wrap this up by april 7 given the API leak changes.


+1


____________________________________
David McKnight    
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________


David Dykstal <daviddykstal@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/04/2008 08:16 AM

Please respond to
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>


To
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Should we ask for delaying M6 until Fri Apr 11        (4        days)?









I think this is a reasonable plan. I would like to finish addressing the leakage reports cleanly.

Unless I'm mistaken, IBM does not care if M6 is declared for the purposes of doing the string capture. We will capture from whatever build is currently absorbed, so an I-build should be fine. Xuan -- can you check on this?

-- Dave

On Apr 4, 2008, at 6:18 AM, Oberhuber, Martin wrote:


TM committers,


The API Leakage issues that we uncovered recently thanks to the
new API Tooling have apparently delayed our release schedule

for M6.


I think that at least from the point of view of the Ganymede train,

we should have a chance delaying our M6 release from Mon Apr 07

to Fri Apr 11 because we're not (yet) in any EPP package and
we don't have any upstream consumers:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Ganymede#Milestones_and_Release_Candidates

My question is, would you - committers - be OK with the 4 day

delay? I know that there is an NLS freeze at IBM on Apr 7th,

but perhaps we could give them an I-build with the NLS strings

such that we can continue testing and fixing until the 11th?


I'll await your comments today and if I don't get any negative

response I'll ask the planning-council about delaying our M6.


Thanks,

--

Martin Oberhuber
, Senior Member of Technical Staff,
Wind River
Target Management Project Lead, DSDP PMC Member

http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm


_______________________________________________
dsdp-tm-dev mailing list

dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/dsdp-tm-dev

_______________________________________________
dsdp-tm-dev mailing list
dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/dsdp-tm-dev
_______________________________________________
dsdp-tm-dev mailing list
dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/dsdp-tm-dev

_______________________________________________
dsdp-tm-dev mailing list
dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/dsdp-tm-dev