RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] New Equinox Secure Storage

Sure,

Since this is totally internal implementation it can wait until
M7 or even slightly later. For now, I was just wondering whether
we really want this such that I could ask for help on the equinox
List.

I'm not sure whether we'd want to migrate old passwords from the
Keyring. Perhaps it would make sense to do a one-time-import of
The RSE slots into the Secure Storage; once an RSE slot exists
In secure storage, delete the stuff in the keyring and do no more
Updates.

Since the keyring is usually stored in the Configuration Area,
I don't see a problem with mixing different Eclipse Versions (with
And without secure storage) on a single workspace. Problems could
Only arise if users deliberately share a keyring between Eclipse 3.3
And Eclipse 3.4 installations with the -keyring commandline option.

Also, note that currently RSE 3.0M6 still works on Eclipse 3.3 --
Adopting Secure Storage would put in a hard dependency on
Eclipse 3.4

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm