From: Oberhuber, Martin
Sent: Dienstag, 01. April 2008 15:58
To: 'David M Williams'; Gaff, Doug
Subject: RE: RSE in JEE Developer Package?

Hi Dave,

I'm very sorry that I missed this E-Mail.

Personally I'm much in favor of having RSE in a package, and transparent
access to remote hosts (including deployment) is certainly among the
things that RSE is intended to support. And if you find it useful yourself
I'd hope its useful for others as well ;-)

I'm personally not afraid of new bug reports but let me ask on the developer
mailing list what my fellow committers think.

I guess my one concern here is that adding RSE to the JEE package
might lead to some duplication of Preference settings and functionality
when it comes to defining remote systems, proxies, caching, etc
and we're likely too late in the game for changing UI and functionality
since the NLS and feature freeze are pretty soon.

I have never used JEE and RSE together, but you apparently have -
so what's your impression, are there any overlapping areas that
we should particularly be aware of?

Cheers,
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm