RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] Resources are not displayed as expected when the RSEAbstractSystemRemoteAdapterFactory is moved to a UI plugin

Hello Jiu,

the point is that Eclipse loads plugins lazily, and the Platform.getAdapterManager()
doesnt force loading a plugin just because an adapter is requested for it. This has
been discussed a lot in the Platform here:

Until this bug is resolved in one way or the other, you are responsible yourself
for activating your UI plugin one way or the other. In the RSE plugins, we are
doing this currently by calling Platform.loadAdpater() in the non-UI plugin's
startup code in a deferred thread - see for instance the implementation in

  org.eclipse.rse.internal.subsystems.files.core/Activator#start(BundleContext)

As well as bug 23105 for reference. But the solution is not optimal, since in
rare timing conditinons RSE could want to load an adapter before the UI bundle
activation is finished. I'm investing other solutions to this by this bug:

which is also related to general lazy startup improvements as per bug

What I'd recommend you is that for a start you do the forced adapter
to see when we find an alternative solution and how we do it.

Cheers,