[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: MessageFormat in SftpService / FTPService, and other problems with your checkin

Hi Martin,

I've reverted back those percent format changes for SftpFileService and FTPService.

I'll consider changing how we do for percent in the dstore stuff but I'd rather do that in a separate defect.

I've taken out the extra > in SystemFileResources.

I don't see an CANCELLED in ShellStrings.properties.  Is yours synched up?

I've changed the ' ' to use a single quote in RSECoreRegistry.

As for having static Validator* objects, I wonder if a similar approach would make sense for common messages like MSG_OPERATION_CANCELED too.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

21/02/2008 01:57 PM

David McKnight/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
MessageFormat in SftpService / FTPService, and other problems with your checkin

Hi Dave,

I found more problems with your checkin.
Most importantly, you've been a little too radical getting rid of MessageFormat:

In SftpFileService, the formatting of
   SftpFileService_Msg_Progress

does require MessageFormat, because it uses NLS-specific formatting
of percent and Integers like {2,number,percent} which NLS.bind()
does not support.

Same is true for FTPService / FTP_File_Service_Monitor_Format.

Please revert your change.

In the DownloadListener and DStoreFileService, NLS-specific
replacement of the "%" character could also be done with
MessageFormat instead of the current hard-coded adding of
% character.

In SystemFileResources, MSG_FILE_CANNOT_BE_SAVED has a spurious > character at the end.

In ValidatorFileNameUnique (and the other validators), you might want to
use 3 static variables for the SimpleSystemMessage objects, rather than
creating new objects each time

In ShellStrings.properties there is still MSG_OPERATION_CANCELLED
(should be ...CANCELED)

In RSECoreRegistry, when you switch from MessageFormat to NLS.bind()
you need to replace the double '' characters by single ' character (at least
I think so: please test to verify

Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top