Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] RE: What is defect 44544 ?

Yes, go ahead. Sorry for not being explicit.
-- Dave

On Feb 11, 2008, at 10:23 AM, Oberhuber, Martin wrote:

Well,l

we've made the method deprecated for openRSE 2.0 so I just
wanted to check if you can still extract any interesting
information from that IBM defect?

Or is this a "Go" from you for this change?

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

-----Original Message-----
From: David Dykstal [mailto:david_dykstal@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Montag, 11. Februar 2008 14:46
To: Oberhuber, Martin
Cc: Target Management developer discussions
Subject: Re: What is defect 44544 ?

The 5 number defects refer to our internal IBM bug tracking
system. In many
cases I'd like to keep some reference to these. However, if
the method is
deprecated I see no need to keep them.
_______________________
David Dykstal
david_dykstal@xxxxxxxxxx

            "Oberhuber,

            Martin"

            <Martin.Oberhuber
            @windriver.com>           David
Dykstal/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS

         cc
            02/11/2008 07:23          "Target Management
developer
            AM                        discussions"

<dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    Subject
                                      What is defect 44544 ?

Hi Dave,

In order to refactor SystemRegistry implementation from UI to Core,
I'd like to get rid of deprecated ISystemViewInputProvider#getShell()

Doing so, I came across this line #364 in SystemView.java:

inputProvider.setShell(getShell()); // DY: Defect 44544, shell was not
being set for Test dialogs, when they
// tried to connect there was not shell for the password prompt
// and an error message (expand failed) occurred.

I'd like to get rid of these lines since I'm very sure we don't need
them in OpenRSE; because, when deprecated
ISystemViewInputProvider#getShell() no longer exists,
setting the shell is useless.

Can you check why these lines were there originally,,
and whether it's OK applying attached patch?

Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

(See attached file: getRid_getShell.diff.txt)