[dsdp-tm-dev] Welcome Eugene as new committer!

Hello Eugene,

You've been approved for full committer status on
the Eclipse DSDP-TM project -- congratulations,
and welcome to the team!

You'll soon get an E-Mail asking to fill in the
New Committer Questionnaire. That step will
Finish the process and you'll receive your
Eclipse.org login credentials.

As a project lead, I'm responsible for educating
you on the Eclipse IP/Legal process, as well as
your duties as a committer. Through your work as a
contributor for DSDP/TM I think you learned much
of this already. Still, please take some look at
the document links I've provided at the bottom of
this E-Mail.

This may seem a little process-heavy, but it's
designed to minimize conflict between companies
and individuals working on shared open source code.

If you have ANY questions, never hesitate to ask me,
or the DSDP PMC at mailto:dsdp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx --
we are here to help you!

So, here are the documents:

(1) The DSDP Charter
--------------------
The DSDP charter at
   http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/dsdp-charter.php
governs how our project operates. For most of the
stuff, it merely references the Eclipse standard
toplevel charter at
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/Eclipse_Standard_TopLevel_Ch
arter_v1.0.php
Please read at least the section about Committers
there: voting, taking part on the mailing list
and the newsgroup.

(2) Committer Guidelines
------------------------
You are now a committer, so just like the process that
we put on your own contributions, you may now accept
contributions from others. Most of the process is
documented for our project on
   http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/committer_howto.php
-- this is the essence in a short form of what the
original documents are about. For your reference, you
should have seen the origininal documents at least once:
the committer guidelines at
   http://www.eclipse.org/legal/committerguidelines.php
tell us about the IP due diligence process. This must be
followed BEFORE any checkins to CVS. We - as committers -
are responsible for keeping the code base clean. This is
very important. See also the Eclipse IP Legal poster for
a graphical description of the process, at
   http://www.eclipse.org/legal/EclipseLegalProcessPoster.pdf

(3) Eclipse Development Process
-------------------------------
The Eclipse Development Process is more important to
know for me as a project lead, it specifies the phases
of our project and deliverables such as a project plan,
release review and others. It's a long read but also
interesting to look at once. What's probably more
helpful is the FAQs here:
   http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/index.php
For final reference,
   http://www.eclipse.org/projects/official-documents.php
give all the background information for how we work.
Note especially the Legal and Trademark sections. You
don't need to understand everything right away, but be
aware that regulations exist and you can ask me in case
anything is unclear.

I guess you'll mostly work on your own TCF code in the
SVN repository, but I'd appreciate if you also take
part on the mailto:dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
and the committer calls.

I'd also like to talk to you on the phone before you
start actually committing some code, in order to clarify
any final questions. I'm glad to have you on board,
and I'm looking forward to good collaboration!

Thanks,
Martin

Back to the top