From: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of javier.montalvoorus@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:19 PM
To: Christian Hohmann
Cc: dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] blank out the home path and create new connections

Hi Christian,

Service discovery for RSE (binaries and source) can be downloaded from the Europa Update site from "Remote Access and Device Development -> Target Management Service Discovery"
It will enable a "Discovery" system type that uses a custom wizard to perform a zeroconf discovery in the network.

Alternatively, the service discovery package can be obtained from the DSDP-TM downloads page: http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/index.php

Cheers,

Javier

Christian Hohmann <c.hohmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

17/01/2008 15:33

javier.montalvoorus@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] blank out the home path and create         new        connections

Hi Javier,

thanks for your reply. I got the first part (blank off the home filter).
Now I want to start the Wizard. Unfortunatly I can't find the discovery
package.

Could you give me a hint?

Tanks - Christian

javier.montalvoorus@xxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:

> Hi Christian,
>
> Showing only the root filter can be done by overriding
> *createDefaultFilterPool(ISystemFilterPoolManager mgr) *from
> org.eclipse.rse.subsystems.files.core.subsystems.RemoteFileSubSystemConfiguration
> in your subsystem implementation.
> The default method creates both filters "Root" and "Home", so you
> could use a similar code to create only "Root".
>
> For your second point, you can provide a custom wizard for your RSE
> system type in a similar way as the wizard for the "Discovery" system
> type.
> Adding a custom wizard for a specific system type can be done using
> the extension point *org.eclipse.rse.ui.newConnectionWizards*.
> You could take a look at the plugin org.eclipse.rse.discovery as an
> example of usage of the extension point.
>
> I hope it helps !
>
> Javier

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Symbian Software Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 4190020 and registered office at 2-6 Boundary Row, Southwark, London, SE1 8HP, UK. This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Neither Symbian nor any of its Affiliates accepts liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance with Symbian corporate policy.