[dsdp-tm-dev] RE: termianl view

Hello Enrico,

for activating a view programmatically there is Eclipse API, it
should be really easy to do.

For thread creation, that's such a general question that I can only
say it depends. You might want to have an Eclipse Job (aka
Worker Thread) to get the data, and then run Display.asyncExec()
to get the views updated - that's a push model.

If you have lots of data very rapidly, you'd only write into a non-UI
data model, enqueue view  update requests and have the views
onlyupdated every second or so by a Timer.

I'm afraid that the Eclipse Community can't really help with such
a general question. Such a thing sounds like it's best discussed
with some friends over a beer or two :-)
Or you could try asking on IRC (http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC)
channel #eclipse or #eclipse-dev

Cheers,