[dsdp-tm-dev] Create a host/connection without user interaction

Hi,

I worked on an RSE subsystem extension for a webservice-based filesystem. Well, I think I got it (with the help of this list) and it works fine.
What a great plugin!

To integrate the RSE Plugin into an Eclipse-RichClientApplication, I want to open the RemoteSystemExplorer View and add a new connection without any user interaction needed. So this should be done direct in my sourcecode. I found the Activator of the org.eclipse.rse.ui.RSEUIPlugin that will open the window.

In the package org.eclipse.rse.ui.internal.model I discovered also a method SystemRegistry.createHost().
I guess this would create a new Host with a connection such as I need it.
But I can't take this way because of access restrictions on the ISystemRegistry Interface. Well, I guess there is a reason why I shouldn't use this way, so how can I create a new Host/connection direct out of sourcecode?

I hope you can give me a hint

Christian

Christian Hohmann
SW - Engineer

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt