[dsdp-tm-dev] TM 2.0.1 is released - checkin policy going forward

Dear committers,

When TM 2.0.1 was released earlier today, I tagged
all the CVS repository files that went into it with
    R2_0_1

The website, Known Issues Wiki, Downloads index
page, DSDP downloads page were also updated to
reflect the new release. If you find any hyperlink
that points to outdated information please let
me know.

For checkins going forward, I'm proposing this:
- No more review required for checkin to HEAD

- You can, of course ask fellows to review patches
  for hard problems or if you are unsure about
  anything

- IMPORTANT: When making API-breaking changes,
  please send an E-Mail to the dsdp-tm-dev list
  --> We'll need to update version numbers
  in MANIFEST.MF

- We'll reserve a branch (R2_0_maintenance,
  rooted on the R2_0_1 tag) for important
  bug fixes based on the 2.0.x stream.
  I'd propose to keep the number of
  changes we put in there minimal, so it
  only has changes which are either
    - dangerous or destructive, or
    - we actually need in any of our
      commercial products.

Every fix in R2_0_maintenance must also go to
HEAD so two checkins are involved.

Every fix in R2_0_maintenance must have a bugzilla
item associated, describing the fix with a target
milestone 2.0.2 (only like this we can track what
goes in there, and create release notes).

Every fix in R2_0_maintenance needs to be attached
to bugzilla as a patch, and reviewed by at least
one other committer.

Would you agree that this is a reasonable procedure?
If there are any questions, just let me know.

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top