From: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Adrian Cho
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 6:46 PM
To: Orbit Developer discussion
Cc: Orbit Developer discussion; orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx; Janet
Campbell
Subject: Re: [orbit-dev] RE: Bugfixing 3rd party code due to lack of a
release?

Sorry to jump but just to add my $0.02:

If you're going to get them to dual-license it under the Apache and
Eclipse
licenses then you can obviously take it under the Apache and incorporate
it
into an Apache file.  Interestingly, if you read the Eclipse.org Terms
of
Use which governs all contributions through any of the Eclipse.org
website/server channels (e.g. Bugzilla, CVS, mailing lists, newsgroups,
etc.) you'll see in the fourth last paragraph that it was setup so that
if
anybody contributes a modification to something we are maintaining under
license other than the EPL, then they contribute under that license
(e.g.
Apache in this case) + EPL.

Adrian

Adrian Cho
Development Manager, Intellectual Property
IBM Ottawa Lab
adrian_cho@xxxxxxxxxx
External: (613) 726-5536
Tie:  654-5536