[dsdp-tm-dev] Asterisk call quality

Hi Karl,

we tried asterisk today again for our committer call:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/DSDP/TM/Committer_Phone_Meeting_24-Jul-2007

I was using SJPhone, the others Idefisk with the
recommended settings. All of us were using a headset.

Still, from the beginning on there was a lot of
Echo so the call was unusable. We dropped off
one by one -- until it was only Javier and myself,
and we got good quality.

Later, Xuan and Kevin both joined the Asterisk
test call and they also did not have any echo.
So, summing up:
   Martin + Javier + Kevin -- BAD echo
   Martin + Javier -- no echo
   Kevin + Xuan -- no echo

So, we conclude that the problem with the echo
cannot be in our client setup but must be a problem
with the Asterisk server.

Please let us know if there is anything else we
can test or help to improve things.

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm