[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: RSEG1066U (RSE 2.0.0.1)

Hello Alphonse,

The DStoreConnectorService has not been changed since 2.0 so getting a later update is unlikely to help.

The backtrace seems to indicate that RSE is trying to run a ServerLauncher of an unknown type. This might happen if your profile was incorrectly read from disk.

Does this happen reproducably or intermittently? - If reproducably, it could help getting your profile -- zip up the contents of
${workspace}\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.rse.core\profiles

Other than that, I think the only possibility for understanding what happens here is debugging the issue. Just set a breakpoint in DStoreConnectorService line 761 -- the code should never go there. If it does go there, investigate the variables. Another breakpoint could be in DStoreConnectorService line 356.

At any rate, please file a bug since this issue is certainly not known yet, and attach any information you can get.

Martin Oberhuber
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Alphonse Van Assche wrote:
Hello all,

Any idea in witch case this error is throw? This happen when I try to connect to a Linux server using Dstore, this exception is throw with and without a Dstore daemon started, so it's not a server side problem.

That have already worked here but I think that I don't have try it with the last update.

Regards,
Alphonse

The stack trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.rse.connectorservice.dstore.DStoreConnectorService.internalConnect(DStoreConnectorService.java:761) at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.AbstractConnectorService.connect(AbstractConnectorService.java:412) at org.eclipse.rse.ui.operations.SystemFetchOperation.execute(SystemFetchOperation.java:243) at org.eclipse.rse.ui.operations.SystemFetchOperation.run(SystemFetchOperation.java:128) at org.eclipse.rse.ui.view.AbstractSystemViewAdapter.fetchDeferredChildren(AbstractSystemViewAdapter.java:1970) at org.eclipse.ui.progress.DeferredTreeContentManager$1.run(DeferredTreeContentManager.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Back to the top