Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Please upgrade: Skype now supports conferencing with up to 9 contacts

I installed the 3.2.0.175 version, and it works fine for me.  So far, did not experience any problem yet.

Regards,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/19/2007 06:10 AM

Please respond to
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[dsdp-tm-dev] Please upgrade: Skype now supports conferencing with        up to 9 contacts

Dear committers,

thanks to all of you for your patience trying out
alternative conferencing solutions -- and sorry for
not being very successful with the Eclipse Asterisk
server so far. I'll keep you posted about improvements.

In the meantime, I just learned that the newest
update of Skype (version 3.2.0.175) supports direct
conferencing with up to 9 contacts. This could be
another option for us to try (though it would not
support calling in from a landline as the Asterisk
solution does).

Anyways, I'd recommend that you upgrade Skype so
you are prepared. Remember that we recommend using
Skype for instant messaging during the conferences
anyways (you can quit the Skype program after the
conference if you want -- DaveM reported it to take
lots of CPU cycles).

Please let me know about any concerns, or give
notice when you successfully upgraded.

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm