[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: Request TM Local terminal

Hello Alphonse,

we've had the request for a Terminal connected to the Local
Shell before on the Mailing List, see

Unfortunately it didn't make its way into bugzilla yet, so I'd appreciate if you could file an enhancement request. Some help for implementing a "Local" Terminal connector is also on

As mentioned on the mailing list message above, Wicked Shell is an alternative you can use for a local shell, although it does not provide a Terminal. Of course you can also connect to the local host via Telnet or SSH - but I agree that a "real" local connection would be preferable. For future collaboration with Wicked Shell, see

The other approach which would involve RSE is using the existing RSE "Local" subsystem and replace the Command View with a Terminal, perhaps doing so optionally. This request is already covered in bugzilla

Contributions for either the one or the other approach would be more than welcome!

Martin Oberhuber

Alphonse Van Assche wrote:
Hi all,

Before of all, I really like this project and congrats all of you to
provide these useful tools.

It would be great if we can get a local terminal, I'm a Linux guy and
like many Linux guys I like to work in the console for both stuffs, so
is there a plan to and a local Linux terminal? If no are you open for
such contribution? (I don't have time for for this for the moment but I
can put that on my too long todo list :-), if it's needed)