From: Martin Oberhuber [mailto:martin.oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:53 PM
To: Target Management developer discussions; Yaron Mazor
Subject: Re: File Cache / Memory increase when opening FTP files

Yes, RSE uses a temp file cache which resides in the
RemoteSystemsTempFiles project. The benefit of this is that it avoids
unnecessary re-download for files that have not changed (in other words,

it's a persistent cache, which is an important advantage over plain
Eclipse File System (EFS) based remote linked resources without RSE).

The size of the cache can be configured in the Preferences (I think that

500MB is the default). That page also has a "Clear Cache" button.

When you edit a file again which you've been editing before but has
changed on the remote side, the same location in the cache is used thus
overwriting the previous version of the file. So the cache should not
grow unnecessarily.

If you have any more questions, just let us know.

Martin Oberhuber
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Yaron Mazor wrote:
 > I saw that you are using a temp project for all Remote files that are
 > opened in the editor.
 >
 > This means every time I open an FTP file in my editor , the project's
 > size increases ?
 >
 > Yaron

Back to the top