[dsdp-tm-dev] RE: Please install the New Eclipse Teleconferencing Solution

Hi Uwe,

* The conference number we are using now is paid by Wind River,
  whereas the new Eclipse conference is free as long as we use
  VoIP or paid by the Eclipse foundation if we need to use
  0800 numbers (discouraged by Eclipse)

* Compared to plain Skype we've been trying before, I see the
  following advantages:
  1. No limit to max. 4 participants -> full conference possible
  2. Mixture of VoIP and 0800 possible
  3. Hopefully constant call quality since hosted by Eclipse.org
  4. No unwanted traffic through IdeFisk (Skype was reported to
     cause IP traffic even when not in use -- I do not expect
     this with IdeFisk since users are nowhere registered)

* Compared to the mixed Skype/Dialin provider we've been trying
  before, I see the following advantages:
  1. Hopefully better call quality
  2. Hosted by Eclipse.org so no breach of confidentiality
  3. No unwanted traffic

we need to try it out, of course, but I think it's worth trying.
I consider Idefisk harmless since you don't need to register
anywhere as being a user. Also, you can launch it for the conferences
only. For IM Messaging along the conference, I'm also looking into
alternatives for Skype.

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm