[dsdp-tm-dev] New Eclipse Teleconferencing Solution

Dear Committers,

The Eclipse Foundation has set up its own server
for IP-based teleconferencing:
http://eclipsewebmaster.blogspot.com/2007/07/conferencing-is-here.html

I would like to use this new solution instead of
the current one for our committer calls, if possible.
Prerequisite is that we can all make calls via IP
(from our computers, with headsets). Since we've used
Skype before, I'd hope we can do that.

Everyone please try installing the
   Idefisk 1.37
software and make a test call to asterisk.eclipse.org
as described on the Wiki - note you'll need to install
Asterisk 1.37 and NOT the latest 2.0 version:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Asterisk_Conference_Calls

Installation and the quick test are done in 5 minutes.
Please let us know when you're good to go with Asterisk,
or when you have any problems.

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm