From: Dale Hammer [mailto:Dale_Hammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 8:33 PM
To: Oberhuber, Martin
Subject: May 9th - Network Device Classification: The Next Generation

I would like to invite you to register for our upcoming Webinar -
Network Device Classification: The Next Generation - and receive your
FREE copy of the new book Securing the Mobile Enterprise for Dummies.

Use the following link to register for the Webinar now:
http://www.iian.ibeam.com/events/netw001/22286/

Title: Network Device Classification: The Next Generation
Presenter: Dr. Chris Waters, CTO, Network Chemistry
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Time: 2:00 PM (Eastern)

Do you really know what's on your network? Operating System
fingerprinting is a well known and commonly used technique for
determining what OS a device is running and works well with PC and
server classification. But what about all of the non-PC devices?
Determining exactly what a network device is down to the specific model
is a very challenging task. Done successfully, it provides a key
building block for solving many networking problems.

This event will take you under the hood of the RogueScannerTM open
source project and introduce a new technique for comprehensive, accurate
device classification. Topics covered will include:
* Passive and active discovery of all connected network devices
(including SOHO APs, bridging PCs, and unmanaged servers)
* Device classification using powerful, new techniques and a
collaborative classification database that leverages the network effect
* How accurate device classification solves rogue device discovery and
elimination from the wired network

I hope that you can attend. Please let me know if you have any
questions.

Regards,

Dale Hammer
Regional Sales