RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] RE: Using the terminal in an RCP

Martin, thanks for your help. I need a little more detailed info. I'd
like to programmatically create the terminal view, rather than have a
user enable it. In my Eclipse project I added a dependency on
org.eclipse.tm.terminal, org.eclipse.tm.terminal.view, and
org.eclipse.tm.terminal.ssh.

I created a view extension pointing to
org.eclipse.tm.terminal.view.Terminalview.

In my Perspective class I tried to add the view:
viewFolder.addView("org.eclipse.tm.terminal.View");

The program starts, but when I try to access the view it fails because
TerminalViewPlugin is null.

Thanks, Gabe

Oberhuber, Martin wrote:

> Hello Gabe,
>
> Perhaps there is no info because it is so simple?
> Download and install TM-terminal*.zip, it should just work in an RCP.

http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/drops/S-2.0M6a-20070411181
8/

> Choose which connectors you want - we have telnet, ssh and serial
plugins.
> Each of them brings its own little UI to select the remote host.
> Available through
> Window > Show View > Other > Terminal > Terminal
> In the Terminal View's view toolbar buttons, press the "Connect
Options"

Schnaubelt, Gabe T wrote:

> How can I use the Terminal in an RCP? Specifically, I'd like a user to

> be able to enter a hostname and create an SSH connection to that host
> use public key authentication. Then, allow the user to use the
> terminal to interact with that host over the connection.
>
> If this info is already available somewhere on the web please point me

> to it. I was unable to find this myself.
>
> Thanks, Gabe

Back to the top