[dsdp-tm-dev] TM 2.0M6 Testing: test scripts

Hello,

I've been asked how to easily grab new test builds from
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/TM_2.0_M6_Testing
and get a workbench running with the new version. For
my own usage, I have created a few scripts that help
doing so. These scripts are now available for download at
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/dsdp/tm/div/tm-test-
scripts.tgz

Here is how to use them:

1.) (Only once) Committers will want to use download.sh and
    edit it to add their committer name. SSH downloads
    are typically MUCH faster than http downloads,
    because they use QoS on the servers. For testing,
    we have permission from the Webmaster to download
    through SSH (please do NOT mis-use this to grab
    Eclipse packets -- you should use BitTorrents or
    mirror sites for doing so).

1b) Non-committers will need to use dl_http.sh
    or dl_http2.sh. Both are much slower but do not
    need editing. The first one gets stuff from
    download.eclipse.org so it needs some synchronization
    delay after a build is available. The second one uses
    build.eclipse.org, so it is available sooner but only
    works on very recent I-builds.

2.) Edit update.sh and set the build number to retrieve:
    Change "newd" into "curd", then edit "curd" to hold
    the new I-build number. The sed script in update.sh
    will change the download scripts as needed.

3.) Run update.sh ONCE to update the download scripts

4.) Run download.sh (or dl_http.sh) to download stuff.

5.) Edit newtest.sh (Linux) or newtest.bat (Windows)
    to let it know where you have your ZIPs of
    Eclipse, CDT, EMF etc. Then, run it.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber