RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] Re: services.dstore.* is public API

Hi Dave,

do you have concrete examples of what they would want to extend?

I think that in many cases they can "decorate" an existing service
rather than "extend" it with a pattern as follows:

MyDStoreFileSubSystemConfiguration extends DStoreFileSubSystemConfiguration
  public IFileService createFileService(IHost) {
     IFileService originalService = suber.createFileService(IHost);
     IFileService decoratedService = new MyServiceDecorator(originalService);
     return decoratedService;
  }
}

That's what I expect from people who want to "extend" the ssh file service.
But anyways, I don't want to interfere too much here. I consider all
the dstore stuff owned by you IBM guys. If you prefer having more
API at the risk of probably having to break it in the future, that's
fine for me. It'll be mostly IBM clients using dstore anyways.

I don't know dstore and your clients enough to judge. Perhaps it is
better to just keep it API.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber