[dsdp-tm-dev] Package org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.util

Hi Dave's,

I've been checking rse.doc.isv for broken links
in order to see if we have any API violations.
So far, it looks pretty good. But what I've seen
along the way is this:

org.eclipse.rse.ui/subsystems/org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.util

I believe this package is the UI adaptor (glue)
for subsystems. So the package name should better be

org.eclipse.rse.ui/UI/org.eclipse.rse.ui.subsystems

Agree? If yes, I'd create a bug and we should refactor it
for M6. BTW, Package org.eclipse.rse.ui.subsystems already
exists below the subsystems/ source path, I think this
should go below the UI/ source path.

There are others which we should put out of UI and into Core.
I believe you're pretty close to doing so, correct DaveD?
  SubSystemHelpers  - should work already
  SubSystemConfigurationProxy - only problem is the ImageDescriptor,
     should be possible to do this via Property similar to what
     we already did for the systemType when making it Core

The others (SubSystem, ServiceSubSystem) seem to be
still pretty hard to do. But it is probably time to
move the classes from
  org.eclipse.rse.ui/subsystems/org.eclipse.rse.core.servicesubsystem
into
  org.eclipse.rse.ui/subsystems/org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems
since the corresponding interfaces are already in
that package.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber