[dsdp-tm-dev] RE: rxtx eclipse bundle

Hello Dmitry,

I think we will never be able to include the rxtx bundles on the
Eclipse CVS repository, since it's license (LGPL) is not
compatbile with the EPL.

What we are working on, is getting the rxtx maintainers to
serve an additional Eclipse Update Site from their servers.
They have basically agreed doing so, right now it is only
pending some re-wording and clarification on their license
text.

Do you need an rxtx eclipse bundle urgently, or are you ok
with waiting another month or so till this is officially served
from rxtx.org ? Remember that for now, you can just install
RXTX as a JVM extension (java/lib/ext and java/bin) and it
will work when you specify
   eclipse-BuddyPolicy:ext
in the Eclipse Manifest.mf. Look at the
   org.eclipse.tm.terminal.serial/META-INF/Manifest.mf
for reference.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber