[dsdp-tm-dev] RSE plugins bound to RequiredExecutionEnvironment=J2SE-1.4

Hi all,

as discussed in today's committer meeting, I have
set the RequiredExecutionEnvironment to J2SE-1.4
in all RSE plugins:
  - MANIFEST.MF
  - .classpath
  - .settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs

So, compliance settings are now fixed to J2SE-1.4
on a per-project basis for all our plugins. This
means, that warnings with respect to not using a
generic type should no longer turn up even if your
workspace is configured to use a Java1.5 JVM by
default.

If you do not have a J2SE-1.4 JVM configured in Eclipse,
you'll see a warning for each project that an exact match
for the classpath could not be found.
To fix this, please install a J2SE-1.4 JVM and let Eclipse
know you have it by adding it to Preferences > Java >
Installed JRE's. It doesn't need to be the default VM.
The big advantage of this is, that you cannot work on any
not 1.4 compatible constructs by accident, even if you
need to have some other plugins which require 1.5 in the
same workspace.

Since the change in MANIFEST.MF means a service-level
modification, I have also revved up the version numbers
of all plug-ins and features to 1.0.1

Please let me know if you find any issues, or you see any issues with
this.

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm