[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: Your latest changes on FTPService

Hi,,

I'll move the logging console managing  to the org.eclipse.rse.subsystems.files.ftp.connectorservice.FTPConnectorService.
This way the plugin org.eclipse.rse.services.files.ftp will remain UI-less and the FTP logging feature can be added to RSE1.0

I also agree that it would be nice for later releases (RSE1.1 ?) having a logging API, but we should discuss it later on.

Also, I'll take a look at the NON-NLS-1 tag warnings. It should be quite easy.

Regards,

Javier Montalvo OrĂºs

Engineering Tools
Symbian Software Limited.

Tel: +44 (0)207 154 1091

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

07/11/2006 08:56

"Javier Montalvo Orus" <javier.montalvoorus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Your latest changes on FTPService

Hi Javier,

before I release the Mapfile for todays I-build, I reviewed
all changes that happened yesterday, and I have a few questions
regarding your changes on FTPService:

* In org.eclipse.rse.services.files.ftp/Manifest.mf,
 you added a dependency to Eclipse UI code (ui.console, jface).
 I consider this very problematic since we want to keep the
 "services" layer UI-less. This is important in order to make
 sure that headless (UI-less) clients can use the services.
 Please try to get rid of this UI dependency.

 The right solution for this might be that the consoleOutputStream
 is created in subsystems.files.ftp, and stored into the FTPservice
 when it is connected (e.g. FTPService.setLoggingStream())

 Eventually, it might be a good idea to make logging part of API
 so we define IService.setLoggingStream() -- but I guess we'll
 need to think about this further.

* FTPHostFile and FTPService used to compile without warnings,
 but now I see warnings in them - mostly missing $NON-NLS-1$ tags.

 I know that the compiler warnings page at
 http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/compiler_warnings.php
 currently recommends "Ignore" for the $NON-NLS-1$ tags in most
 of RSE since it would overflood the log.

 But for FTP, which used to be warning free, I think its a pity
 to lose that. Can you please adjust your warning settings to
 enable Warn on NON-NLS-1 and fix these?

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

************************************
********************************** Symbian Software Ltd is a
company registered in England and Wales with registered number
4190020 and registered office at 2-6 Boundary Row, Southwark,
London, SE1 8HP, UK. This message is intended only for use by the
named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have
received this message in error please notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it
immediately. Neither Symbian nor any of its Affiliates accepts
liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or
viruses occurring to this message in transit or for any message
sent by its employees which is not in compliance with Symbian

Back to the top