RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] RSE Build I20061031-1147 completed

Hi Lothar,

good question.

I currently do not want to populate the official update site
http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/updates
automatically, since if the I-build fails (and no one has
sanity tested it), the updates would fail for everybody.
I think the main update site should only be for sanity
tested updates.

But the "developer pre-release" update site will be
populated automatically at
http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/testUpdates

Now the bad news is, that all RSE plugins have the
OFFICIAL update site built-in for the Help > Update
> Check for Updates mechanism. You cannot easily
update an existing installation from a site that
is different than what is compiled into the plugins.

This means:
YES you can Help > Update > Search for New Features
and use the test update site
NO you can not Help > Update > Check for updates
and get the latest I-builds.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber