Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Please sanity check RSE I20061019-2056

On Friday 20 October 2006 16:42, Martin Oberhuber wrote:
> Hi Lothar,
>
> thanks a bunch for the report.
> It's great you are running on AMD64, so you are our first 64-bit user!

Running on 64bit, yes. But we still use a 32bit JVM to run a 32bit Eclipse.

> Some comments:
> * The similar feature thing is normal for non-released versions due to
> the Eclipse build process.
>    This will be fixed automatically with the release.

it was only a nuisance, but I found it worth mentioning.

> *  The Hang was sertainly a TCP timeout, we already have a bug entry for
> this, in the future
>     it will be possible to cancel the hanging connect.

Will this be done in a non UI thread then? It's pretty scary for a normal user
if the whole UI freezes. Most users will think eclipse crashed and might kill
it before the timout happens. I just did not because I was busy writing the
mail :-)

> * The "connection reset" thing on the daemon is normal if the client
> terminates.

OK

> * Windows indeed doesnt have a processes subsystem (yet).

That's what I thought, too.

> * For the exceptions, could you file bugs please? We've had such
> exceptions in the
>    scratchpad before and they had been fixed, it should be an easy fix.
>    Please use a bug entry template for reporting bugs: See
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/RSE_1.0_Test_Instructions#Step_4:_Prepare
>_for_Bug_Reports

I'll do.
Shall I try it with RC2 again (once available) before I file a bug?
What about the exception when closing is that a followup problem or genuine?
Does it go into another bug report?

> Thanks again!
> Martin

Lothar