Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Vote Summary: API changes on RSE?

Thanks Dave.

If you can, I'd appreciate if you could document all the API changes made in
/org.eclipse.rse.build/template/buildNotes.php

if you don't feel comfortable with that, you can also drop me a short note when you are done, and I'll update the build notes.

Thanks
martin

David McKnight schrieb:

I'll make the changes to the list* APIs now since they are needed no matter what. The other APIs still require a look before I make any decisions on them.

____________________________________
David McKnight Phone: 905-413-3902 , T/L: 969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/140/8200/TOR
____________________________________

*Martin Oberhuber <martin.oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

20/10/2006 03:56 PM
Please respond to
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

	Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
	[dsdp-tm-dev] Vote Summary: API changes on RSE?

Dear committers,

from our 8 committers, we've got 7 votes +1,
Michael Scharf did not vote yet.

I think that's sufficient for DaveM to go forward making this change,
and it also encourages us to allow final API fixes until the latest
possible time.
Michael - you'll still have the chance to give a final veto within one
week if you are against this. Please do cast your vote even though we
are going forward already.

Given Lother's comment as a user, I'd suggest trying to get the API
right this time even if it's a little bit more effort - so I'd rather
not do this in a 2-step approach unless the effort is too high.
Mimimizing risk is still more important right now than polishing too
much. So Dave, please use good judgement in how much you want to invest.
Thanks for tackling this.

Cheers
Martin

--