[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: ECF, MTJ, TM - virtual introduction

Same for TM -- We've been in contact with Scott Lewis quite a bit and looked at ECF.

The problem for us was, that
1.) ECF is adding some complexity and we first wanted to get things going.
2.) Using ECF would add a dependencies into a technology project, which was
     not acceptable for IBM at that time.

But we have not yet given up on ECF and still see some potential:
* There could be a generic TM / RSE file service, using the ECF fileshare API.
  That way, any ECF fileshare provider could be integrated into RSE and RSE
  could be used as the UI to visualize the remote files.
* Javier Montalvo, who did a Discovery implementation with Zeroconf for TM / RSE,
  might also want to look at ECF once again.

Do you have any concrete ideas for ECF with TM?

Cheers,
Martin

mika.hoikkala@xxxxxxxxx schrieb:

Hi,
We have looked at the ECF already earlier and at this point of time we are not yet doing anything where we could use it. mho