[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: build status

Hi Dave,

I have fixed the compile errors in discovery by setting the default encoding to UTF-8 (Project > Properties > Default encoding: UTF-8), now it works OK to have the
accented u in javier's last name. Re-tagged discovery and respun an I-build.

I20061007-1903 should be good to go, I also uploaded it to the testUpdate site.

When you run another build today or tomorrow in order to create RC1, please
review the build notes once again, and incorporate the known problems. There
was one bug report filed due to lack of knowledge that the IBM 1.5 JVM still
doesnt work.

For populating the update site, please do
  newgrp dsdp-tm-rse
before you perform the actions. That should make the files writable for you,
since I have created all of them group-writable. The chmod errors should
be non-fatal, since all the files could be written and only changing permisions
failed in the end since you were not the owner.

If you can, please create S-1.0RC1 build, upload to the testUpdates and
test it, then upload to the updates site. I think I'll be able to help if more
problems occur.

Cheers,
Martin

David Dykstal schrieb:

Martin --

I've run the build and it appears to move stuff to the testUpdate site but I do not see the updates. I'm getting the following diagnostics at the end of mkTestUpdates due to my lack of authority. There were also several authorization errors (looked like minor ones) that occurred during the build.

chmod: changing permissions of `.': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./CVS': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./CVS/Root': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./CVS/Repository': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./bin': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./bin/CVS': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./bin/CVS/Root': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./bin/CVS/Repository': Operation not permitted chmod: changing permissions of `./bin/CVS/Entries': Operation not permitted chmod: changing permissions of `./bin/.#mkTestUpdates.sh.1.12': Operation not permitted chmod: changing permissions of `./bin/.#mkTestUpdates.sh.1.13': Operation not permitted chmod: changing permissions of `./bin/pack200.stamp': Operation not permitted chmod: changing permissions of `./bin/mkTestUpdates.sh': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./bin/pack200': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./bin/.cvsignore': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./web': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./web/CVS': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./web/CVS/Root': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./web/CVS/Repository': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./web/site.css': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./index.html': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./.project': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `./.cvsignore': Operation not permitted

Also, Javier's copyright update causes compile failures due to the accented characters in his name. I've corrected the ones in RSE, but the discovery stuff all fails to compile. I've written a P1 bug report to have him fix.
Dave Dykstal
dykstal@xxxxxxx

--
Martin Oberhuber